Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wasatch Back

12 people running 3 legs each + 181 miles + 25 1/2 hours + Logan to Park City + lack of sleep + quality time in a van = The Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay Race!
My  friend Maggie invited me to be part of her all women team made up of some of the members of her running club.  The race was a really fun and challenging experience.  I am convinced I had the best team ever!  They were all super strong runners but most importantly  they were very supportive and positive.  The results are in, we got 7th place in the women's only division!  Way to go Runamok Divas! 

Here I am just about to start my first leg.  Oh, the fun is just beginning.  Don't I look fresh and confident?  Yeah, that look didn't last too long.  

I really enjoyed the legs I had.  I had some beautiful views (even when I had to run at 4:00am)

 Here was our secret weapon. . . Coach Bill!  He coaches the running club and he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about running and fitness.  He volunteered to drive the van, offer council and support, always made sure we were taken care of, and he makes the most amazing recovery drink that I think saved me.  Thanks Coach!

11 comments:

Casey Hyer Photography said...

What a babe!!

Nanette said...

Way to go! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Your legs sounded super hard!

Suzanne said...

Now that is seriously an accomplishment. 7th place is amazing! How many teams were in the womens division? I really think it's so cool you did it and were hooked up with such a great team. What an awesome experience!!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wow that is awesome!! Good for you Alisa!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Congrats! You are the second person I have seen that has blogged on that race today! Seems like it must have been a fun one!

Kim said...

I've been waiting to hear how this went, CONGRATULATIONS! That is an awesome accomplishment! Look how good you look running uphill! I need to hear some of the tips your coach gave you and find out what's in that drink!

Saunders Family said...

Way to go! This is me...sitting lazily on the couch eating cheetos, being jealous because I could never do something like that.

Wendy said...

ok kids...my first posting to you.

Any chance you can slow down, sit around, loiter in a parking lot with some smokes and a six pack?? You're giving me some serious insecurities about my activity level.
from
your older and fatter sis.

Paige Holley said...

Sheesh Alisa! You are one tough girl! Way to go!

Kristy and Dave said...

Wow Alisa--I'm genuinely impressed! You are my inspiration. Someday if I run a mile without stopping, I will dedicate that run to you.

And Casey, I bought those brooks shoes you showed me (I had carpool credits at Overstock so they were free). I haven't used them yet but they look pretty sweet in the box...

Ed and Susan said...

CONGRATULATIONS---YOU DID GREAT. 17th Place with over 578 TEAMS Competing. WOW!. We're saving the OUTDOORS Section of the paper all about the Relay. Excited to hear about Rainier.

Luv Ya

Dad and Mom